We are so proud of our Senior Consultant, Josh Davis who won the Rising Star Award at the Decentralised Energy Awards 2022!
Josh is so passionate about the sector and it really reflects in the work he does and the influence he has on his team.
We knew Josh was a heat network diamond when we first met him working at One Manchester as their Heat Network Officer. We asked him to join the Chirpy Heat team in May 2021 and he’s been instrumental to our growth ever since. He’s become a pillar of our business: his passion is infectious.
Josh’s career in the energy sector began at E.ON as part of the Customer Services Team, supporting customers with smart metering and billing including resolving complaints and setting up payment plans. His natural talent for supporting others saw him advancing quickly to a supervisory role training other customer advisors. He joined One Manchester in February 2020, where he landed a new role managing their heat networks. He quickly helped the housing association to take a radically new approach to their portfolio of 12 heat networks. He was one of the first to combine a long-term strategic approach with taking fast action to make immediate improvements.
Josh joined Chirpy Heat in May 2021 and has made a rapid impact. His successes include:
- Supporting 17 clients to be compliant with the Heat Network Metering and Billing Regulations (HNMBR), undertaking 168 Cost Effectiveness Assessments across 3822 dwellings and helping them complete their statutory notification returns to OPSS
- Successfully helping four housing associations to access Heat Network Efficiency Scheme (HNES) to identify optimisation opportunities for their existing heat networks. He is currently Project Managing four HNES optimisation projects for clients, all of which will help heat networks to delivery on their low cost, low carbon promises.
- Developing our Heat Manager service to enable social housing providers to use data to manage their heat networks more effectively. This includes creating clear and simple reports with ‘triggered actions’ such as identifying high/low consumers and missing meter reads as well as spotting drop offs in efficiency and repair issues.
- Helped with the creation of heat network vulnerable customer and debt policies to help housing associations balance their role of ensuring they provide a fair energy experience and recoup their operating cost
- Been an excellent colleague and mentor to our growing team. He’s our go-to person when we need to talk a work conundrum through, and he’s been an open, kind and supportive manager to his team – a role that’s new for him and one that he’s totally smashing out of the park.
Josh is truly dedicated to making heat networks be the best they can – for clients and for customers. Even at the height of lockdown he visited the Tower of Light heat networks in Manchester on his daily walks to see its progress and sent updates to the team – a real boost for us all!
A truly deserving winner, well done Josh!