Meeting all your training needs
Chirpy Heat offers training to housing providers and other heat network operators across the entire range of our services to help explain the what, why, where, when and how of heat networks.
Heat networks are ever-changing – whether it’s the introduction of new technologies, responding to energy price changes, or the introduction of full regulation to the market. Organisations often find it hard to keep up to date with the skills needed to develop and manage great heat networks.
We can design training courses that match your needs and offer both open and in-house sessions tailored to meet your requirements. Our training courses include:
- Regulation & Compliance: what the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations mean for you right now and how to ready yourself for the Heat Network Market Framework.
- Metering & Billing: how to develop a metering and billing strategy, including which meters to choose, how to set your tariff, how to collect money from customers and how to manage the whole process.
- Customer Service & Communications: what do heat network customers need to know and when? How can you offer them great customer service and what does best practice look like?
- Technical: the technical elements that make up a heat network from the plant room to the heat delivery system, how to specify it and what can go wrong, as well as how to make sure schemes are reliably and efficiently repaired and maintained.
- Management & Data: what data can you get out of a heat network and how can it be used to run an efficient and reliable network? How can you work across the whole organisation to deliver great schemes?
Our own heat network experience is at the heart of our training. We bring real-life know-how to your heat network questions, with practical tips for generalists and beginners all the way through to those with more heat network dirt under their fingernails.
Our client was retrofitting their first heat network and was already aware of the financial and reputational risks involved. After listening to their needs, Chirpy Heat developed and delivered a bespoke, modular training course to help ground them in the heat network basics.
The session explored different aspects of heat networks from compliance and cost, to customer protection and contract management. The attendees came from various roles within the business, from Directors to Customer Service Representatives, and it rapidly became clear just how much heat networks interlink across different departments. At the end of the training module, an extensive Q&A session took place which allowed the organisation to gain knowledge, communicate with one another, and start planning their journey into heat network management.
Since the session, the client has retained Chirpy Heat as their preferred heat network specialist consultancy, and now have an ongoing call-off contract agreement in place where Chirpy Heat can support with any issues or dilemmas that may arise during the transition to managing their first individually metered heat network.
To find out more: