Optimisation and Efficiency
Creating the best possible heat networks
Understanding efficiency is crucial to effective heat network management. Getting it wrong pushes up costs for you and your customers and can shorten the asset lifetime.
Heat network efficiency has a direct link to numerous aspects of the heat network, including:
- The amount of energy/fuel wasted
- The level of carbon emissions
- The cost of the tariff
- The number of repairs required
We can provide an efficiency review through our desk top data analysis. For the full picture we carry out in depth site visits that will ensure that you are creating the best possible heat networks.
Our Optimisation and Efficiency service provides you with:
- Energy use, efficiency, carbon emissions and financial analysis of each scheme.
- An options appraisal of the most appropriate improvement measures.
- A prioritised action plan to implement our recommendations over a timetable to meet your compliance and budgetary requirements.
- Benchmarking against industry standards and sector performance
An Optimisation and Efficiency review from Chirpy Heat will help you to better understand the efficiency of each scheme, the implications of this, and the best course of action to improve your network, leaving you in no doubt as to how to lower carbon emissions and lower costs. We may also be able to help you to secure funding for this work through the Government’s HNES programme.
To find out more:
Chirpy Heat worked with a client who’s heat network was only 26% efficient, way below the already low averages we tend to see of around 40-45%. Chirpy Heat undertook an Optimisation and Efficiency Review and put forward a range of costed improvement measures that would lift the scheme’s efficiency above the sector range, thus reducing wasted energy, money, and minimising customer heat tariff rates.
The table below shows the potential benefits to both the client and their customers if the heat network efficiency is improved in line with Chirpy Heat’s recommendations: