Heat network operation and maintenance for the housing sector
Audience: Housing providers (housing association, local authorities, ALMOs)
Heat Networks are complex and present a technical challenge, but above all they are a management challenge. Chirpy Heat training brings together these two elements so that technical and management teams can understand each other and create a common language so together they are able to make heat networks better.
This course will empower housing providers to become stronger more effective client for heat networks: through more effective procurement, oversight of contractors and understanding accountability in network design, delivery, operation and maintenance. This will also help you maximise the benefits of your investment in heat networks.
Heat network operation and maintenance for housing providers will help you to understand:
- The key components of a heat network
- Good heat network design
- What can go wrong, how to spot it and what to do about it
- Elements of performance and optimisation
- Overall network
- Energy centre
- Distribution system
- Building connections and HIUs
- Customer supply / Heat Trust
- How to deliver efficient heat networks through data, effective repairs and maintenance, the use of key performance indicators and through metering
- How to become an intelligent heat network client: what to ask, what to expect, what to look out for, what KPIs to set
- Essentials of:
- Heat network feasibility – heat demands, technologies, operating tempertures, business case
- Heat network construction/expansion – how to be an informed customer
- Metering and billing – regulation, basics of strategies
The training session will enable you to be a better client for heat networks: through more effective procurement, oversight of contractors and understanding accountability in network design, delivery, operation and maintenance. This will also help you maximise the benefits of your investment in heat networks.
The course lasts 3.5 hours
- The training will only cost you £100+VAT, payable when you book online
- National Housing Federation members benefit from a 50% discount
- The £500 balance of the training cost is covered by a Government grant
What our trainees say...
“As a result of this training and under your guidance, we have now implemented a comprehensive ‘service proposal’ to ensure our network portfolio is compliant while being effectively and proactively managed.”
(Housing Association Client, August 2023)