Strategic approaches to heat networks
Audience: Housing providers and developers
Heat Networks are complex and present a technical challenge, but above all they are a management challenge. Chirpy Heat training brings together these two elements so that technical and management teams can understand each other and create a common language so together they are able to make heat networks better.
This course will enable housing providers to deliver the vision of low cost, low carbon and reliable heat networks. It will help map the strategic course for heat networks within the stock, ensure compliance with regulations and prepare for future policy changes. It will provide the knowledge and confidence to engage in discussion about heat networks with residents and stakeholders and with the supply chain.
Strategic approaches to heat networks will help housing providers to understand:
- The role and value of heat networks in the current and future energy system
- The key components of a heat network
- Regulatory requirements on housing providers, including paths to compliance
- The policy horizon for heat networks (eg, zoning)
- How to be an intelligent client for heat networks, from procurement, through delivery, to operation and maintenance
- Commercial models for managing heat networks
- Maximising customer outcomes and benefit from living on a heat network
The training session will enable you to set a strategic course for heat networks within your stock, ensure compliance with regulations and prepare for future policy changes. It will give you the confidence to engage in discussion about heat networks with your residents and stakeholders and with the supply chain.
The course lasts 3.5 hours
- The training will only cost you £100+VAT, payable when you book online
- National Housing Federation members benefit from a 50% discount
- The £500 balance of the training cost is covered by a Government grant
What our trainees say...
“Interaction has been second to none. Always helpful and always there. It’s been an absolute pleasure working with Chirpy Heat.”
(Housing Association Client, July 2023)